SAOGA Championship Tournament – 24th through 27th October 2016
64 adults and 9 children, incorporating 47 golfers, attended the 2016 Renmark weekend. Weather was excellent for all 4 days with a windy change coming through late Sunday morning. It was good to see some of our new members attend.
The Renmark CC was a good host yet again with plenty of food and drink available for everyone. The course was in fair condition with preferred lies on the fairways.
Our SAOGA sponsors provided teams in the Friday competition with a total of 7 teams entered. It was a great day with good feedback from our generous sponsors. Well done to Dave Brooker and Chris Watson for their Bardrill / ABC Sales team winning both the Sponsors Trophy and the Presidents Cup.
The continued downturn in the industry presented a challenge with raising adequate sponsorship – but still enabling us to put together an enjoyable tournament – it worked out well. Everybody had a great time with good weather and golf. Good scores were around on all of the days.
Here is a summary of the results:
Thursday / Friday Winners:
• JFK Cup (Thursday Stoke) – 1st – A Dewar, 2nd – T Carter, 3rd – G Wheare
• Presidents Cup (Friday Ambrose – Winning team) & Sponsors Cup – D Brooker, R Brickell, J Watts and C Watson
Saturday / Sunday winners:
• Bardrill Cup (Ladies Stableford) – 1st – C Kernahan, 2nd – V Mortimer
• Stealth Tools Cup (Best Stableford – Sat/Sun) – 1st – T Carter, 2nd – M Duerden, 3rd – B Cox
• Cavpower Cup (Most consistent) – V Mortimer
• Ensign Trophy (Best Stableford – Sat) – 1st – B Cox, 2nd – T Carter
• SAOGA Cup (Best Stableford – Sun) – 1st – M Duerden, 2nd – T Carter
• OICS Cup (Best Scratch) – 1st – J Lunnay, 2nd – T Carter
• Santos Cup (Eclectic) – 1st – A Hudson, 2nd – D Dwiyatno
• RD Koch Trophy (Most Improved) – 1st – W Engel, 2nd – K O’Donnell
• NAGA – C Brooker
• Halliburton Cup (Calloway) – 1st – Darlene Crimmins, 2nd – Jane Bray
SAOGA Club Championship:
• A Grade – 1st – T Carter, 2nd – J Lunnay
• B Grade – 1st – M Willis, 2nd – B Cox
• C Grade – 1st – B Clark, 2nd – M Duerden
• D Grade – 1st – T Kernahan, 2nd – S Healey
Again, many thanks to our generous sponsors who make the weekend possible. Also, thank you to all who donated prizes for the raffle on Saturday night.