SAOGA Renmark Championship Tournament – 2nd through 5th November 2017
53 adults and 7 children, incorporating 40 golfers, attended the 2017 Renmark weekend. Weather was mild for all 4 days with a changeable breeze throughout. It was good to see some of our new sponsors and also new members attend.
The Renmark CC was a good host yet again with plenty of food and drink available for everyone. The course was in very good condition with the green keeper presenting challenging pins.
Our SAOGA sponsors provided teams in the Friday competition with a total of 8 teams entered. It was a great day with good feedback from our generous sponsors. Well done to David Ellis and the Drummond team winning both the Sponsors Trophy and the Presidents Cup.
The state of the O&G industry has shown some upturn recently and still presented a challenge with raising adequate sponsorship – but still enabling us to put together an enjoyable tournament – it worked out well. Everybody had a great time with good weather and golf. However, good scores were hard to find this year.
Here is a summary of the results:
Thursday / Friday Winners:
• JFK Cup (Thursday Stoke) – 1st – S Thomson, 2nd – T Carter, 3rd – A Dewar
• Presidents Cup (Friday Ambrose – Winning team) & Sponsors Cup – Drummond Team – D Ellis, R Mulder, P Trezise & J Trezise.
Saturday / Sunday winners:
• Bardrill Cup (Ladies Stableford) – 1st – L Wedge, 2nd – C Kernahan
• Stealth Tools Cup (Best Stableford – Sat/Sun) – 1st – S Thomson, 2nd – S Healey, 3rd – D Garrick
• Cavpower Cup (Most consistent) – R Pearce
• Ensign Trophy (Best Stableford – Sat) – 1st – M Harkins, 2nd – K Rodrigues
• SAOGA Cup (Best Stableford – Sun) – 1st – R Mancini, 2nd – E Ellis
• OICS Cup (Best Scratch) – 1st – J Trezise, 2nd – J Lunnay
• Santos Cup (Eclectic) – 1st – T Carter, 2nd – S Moss
• RD Koch Trophy (Most Improved) – 1st – S Thomson, 2nd – C Belshaw
• NAGA – C Belshaw
• Halliburton Cup (Calloway) – 1st – – , 2nd – –
SAOGA Club Championship:
• A Grade – 1st – B Cox, 2nd – M Willis
• B Grade – 1st – M Mancini, 2nd – A MacDonald
• C Grade – 1st – R Mancini, 2nd – A Hudson
Again, many thanks to our generous sponsors who make the weekend possible. Also, thank you to all who donated prizes for the raffle on Saturday night.