Renmark 2015 Results
65 adults and 15 children, incorporating 49 golfers attended the 2015 Renmark weekend. Weather was excellent for all 4 days. It was good to see some of our new members attend.
The Renmark CC was a good host yet again with plenty of food and drink available for everyone. The course was in good condition.
Our aim to encourage SAOGA sponsors to enter teams in the Friday competition was successful with a total of 10 teams entered. It was a great day with good feedback from our generous sponsors. Well done to Mat Kennedy and his ALS X Drilling Tools team to win the inaugural Sponsors Trophy.
Due to the downturn in the industry we were very concerned about our sponsorship but still putting together an enjoyable tournament – it worked out well. Everybody had a great time with good weather and golf. We even found some Karaoke stars at the dinner.
Good scores were around on all of the days.
Here is a summary of the results:
Thursday / Friday Winners
• JFK Cup (Thursday Stoke) – 1st – M Duerden, 2nd – R Troughbridge, 3rd – D Brooker
• Presidents Cup (Friday Ambrose – Winning team) – J Lunnay, L Dewsnap, D Crimmins and D Mancini
Saturday / Sunday winners
• Bardrill Cup (Ladies Stableford) – 1st – C Kernahan, 2nd – C Brooker
• Stealth Tools Cup (Best Stableford – Sat/Sun) – 1st – B Cox, 2nd – R Troughbridge, 3rd – T Carter
• Cavpower Cup (Most consistent) – Masayuki Ohara
• Ensign Trophy (Best Stableford – Sat) – 1st – A Dewar, 2nd – M Willis
• SAOGA Cup (Best Stableford – Sun) – 1st – D Crimmins, 2nd – A Bray
• OICS Cup (Best Scratch) – 1st – J Tresize, 2nd – J Lunnay
• Santos Cup (Eclectic) – 1st – D Dwiyatno, 2nd – M Harkins
• RD Koch Trophy (Most Improved) – 1st – C Kernahan , 2nd – R Troughbridge
• NAGA – G Wilkin
• Halliburton Cup (Calloway) – 1st – , 2nd –
SAOGA Club Championship
• A Grade – 1st – M Willis, 2nd – W Engel
• B Grade – 1st – D Griffiths, 2nd – J Mortimer
• C Grade – 1st – B Clark, 2nd – D Dwiyatno
• D Grade – 1st – F Topolnjak, 2nd – R Troughbridge
Again, many thanks to our generous sponsors who make the weekend possible. Also, thank you to all who donated prizes for the raffle on Saturday night.