Renmark 2013 Weekend Results
72 people, incorporating 54 golfers attended the 2013 Renmark weekend. Weather was excellent for all 4 days – moderate temperatures, little wind and no rain. It was good to see some of our new members attend.
The Renmark CC was a good host yet again with plenty of food and drink available for everyone. This was the first year where we have seen the new greens. All are excellent and very challenging – especially with the interesting pin locations. Most tee boxes and bunkers have been replaced or upgraded. Hole 11 (the old long Par 3) has now become a nice Par 4 and the Par 4 13th has now become a long Par 3. The 14th fairway was one of the poorest has now become one of the best.
Good scores were around on all of the days and we had 2 sets of sponsors (Wakefield Trucks and Fyfe) attend the Ambrose.
Here is a summary of the results:
Thursday / Friday Winners
- Thursday Stoke – 1st – D Brooker, 2nd – A Bray, 3rd – C Watson
- Friday Ambrose – Winning team – C Watson, D Brooker, J Watts & M James
Saturday / Sunday winners
- FG Wilson Cup (Ladies Stableford) – 1st – A Pearce, 2nd – L Thoo
- Transco / Stealth Bits (Best Stableford – Sat/Sun) – 1st – M Duerden, 2nd – C Johnson, 3rd – D Griffiths
- Cavpower Cup (Most consistent) – M Kennedy
- Ensign Trophy (Best Stableford – Sat) – 1st – R Mulder, 2nd – D Hudson
- SAOGA Cup (Best Stableford – Sun) – 1st – J Watts, 2nd – D Crimmins
- OICS Cup (Best Scratch) – 1st – J Tresize, 2nd – J Lunnay
- Santos Cup (Eclectic) – 1st – M Harkins, 2nd – P Wingate
- RD Koch Trophy (Most Improved) – 1st – M Duerden, 2nd – C Johnson
- NAGA – R Pearce
- Halliburton Cup (Calloway) – 1st – S Davies, 2nd – J Bray
SAOGA Club Championship
- A Grade – 1st – W Engel, 2nd – J Lunnay
- B Grade – 1st – R Mulder, 2nd – J Mortimer
- C Grade – 1st – M Duerden, 2nd – L Dewsnap
- D Grade – 1st – C Johnson, 2nd – M Harkins
Again, many thanks to our generous sponsors who make the weekend possible. Also, thank you to all who donated prizes for the raffle on Saturday night. Thanks to Mat Kennedy for the shirt sponsorship.